Are siblings/family allowed to be included in Newborn (any photography) sessions?!?!
YES! YES! YES!
I get asked this question a A LOT! My answer will always be YES!! I think sibling and family photos are too important not to be taken! From my own experience, I have so many photos of me and the kids or my husband and the kids…….but not many of us 5 altogether. Please don’t be like me!!!
To view a small insight into some of the gorgeous siblings & families that have entered my studio, please view the videos below:
A few points about newborn & sibling images:
1. I usually start the session with these images, that way the siblings are free to leave when they are done. Newborn sessions are quite long and siblings tend to get bored and restless.
2. I will always wrap your newborn, this is for their own safety. When newborns are wrapped, they are comfortable and will startle less to what is going on around them. Being wrapped means they are less mobile and easier for the siblings to cuddle.
3. Not all siblings are keen to get photos taken, so don’t stress if we need to have breaks! Siblings don’t know me, so I totally understand if they are shy or don’t want to lay/sit in front of me! The main thing is, please don’t stress, we will get there in the end!
4. Some poses work for some siblings, while others don’t. I will only do what your children allow, so that everyone is safe! If something doesn’t work, I’ll just move on and try something different!!
5. You will end up with some gorgeous memories of your babies!!
Some handy information about family images:
1. If family images are being added into a newborn, baby or cake smash session, I will usually start the session with the family images. That way, once the siblings are done, they are free to head out to the park/shops so they don’t get bored and restless.
2. I will take posed and natural images. I'm a big fan of the ‘perfectness’ of an ‘imperfect’ pose!!! I just LOVE how those images show your families true smiles, interactions and personalities!
3. I don’t mind what you dress your family in, I just want you to be happy looking back at the images! If you want some advice on what to wear, please don’t hesitate to ask.
4. Remember, your kids won’t care about what you looked like, they will only care that you were in photos with them! So please don’t be like me and use excuses like: ‘my hair needs to be done’, or ‘I just need to loose a bit of weight’, or ‘I don’t have anything to wear’……….honestly, kids don’t care about that stuff!
5. Let yourself and your family create some beautiful images to look back on and treasure forever!
If you have any further questions about sibling or family photos, please feel free to contact me via the button below. I look forward to having a chat!