Preparing for a newborn shoot may seem a little stressful and overwhelming, especially if it is your first baby.
I’ve created a video guide and some tips below to help you prepare and give you an idea of what to expect. If you still have questions after watching the video and reading the tips, please feel free to contact me.
Some extra information....
1. Remember, just do what you can and don’t stress if you can’t do the handy hints I suggested in the video.
2. Please bring baby in clothes that are easy to get off (eg. a onesie) and not clothes that have to come off over their head. This will help me not disturb them too much when getting them undressed.
3. If there are siblings, feel free to get them dressed at the studio so that they don’t dirty their outfits on the way.
4. As a reminder, when siblings are involved, we will start with the sibling/parent/family images. That way the siblings are free to leave to the park/shops/home. 1.5-2.5 hours in a hot space is too long and they tend to get bored and restless. The main aim is to keep a calm environment for your newest baby to be photographed.
5. During the session, take some time to have a look through my samples of printed products: birth announcements, albums, framed prints, framed canvas & acrylic prints. Whilst I’m working, don’t hesitate to ask any questions, I’m here to help and make sure the process of printing your products is simple and saves you organising it yourself!
6. Studio Hygiene will be enforced ~ to keep your baby/children, yourselves and the studio clean and safe, you MUST:
- Not touch the studio door handle. I will open the door when you arrive and leave. **Please message to let me know when you have arrived, if I haven't opened the door for you**
- Remove shoes upon entering.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided.
-If anyone in the family has a fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, or loss of sense of smell DO NOT come to your session. Please let me know in advance so we can discuss your options.
- Only immediate family can be involved in your session, family members that DO NOT live in your house will be permitted. **Feel free to take video if family wanted to be present**
- Again, Family photos will be taken at the beginning of the session and then I ask that Dad takes the siblings out of the studio: for a walk, home, to the bike track down the road (which has a large grassy area for running around), etc. Limiting the amount of people in the studio will limit the chance of germs being spread to others.
Thank you for your assistance in helping to keep the studio a safe environment for all, your support is greatly appreciated and allows others to also have the opportunity to create memories of their own!
Lastly, one main thing I want you to get out of your session is………relaxation! I’m sure you’re exhausted, so just sit back, relax and enjoy watching your Bub be a little superstar!!
P.S. Thank you for allowing to help create some special memories for you to treasure and for trusting me with your baby. I am one lucky person!!